Thursday, April 5, 2012

Self-Publishing Success Stories: Tori Scott


Useful advice for new writers (excerpt from Theresa Ragan's interview Meet Tori Scott!)

Any advice for new writers just getting started? 
Yes. Read. Read everything you can get your hands on, and not just in the genre you write. You absorb form and structure as you read. Read once for content, then read it again to analyze it. What worked in the book? What didn't? What would you have written differently? If you don't read, your chances of success as a writer are greatly diminished.



 I'd like to see my Satisfaction books back at the top of the lists. I was selling 15,000 a month of those in Dec and January, but they've dropped off to around 3000 a month.

The author generously shared her sales number with other writers on Kindleboard Writers' Cafe.
I had to go back and add up my monthly sales since I started last summer. I hit 84,772 as of midnight 3/15/2012

 Highlighting some of the author's books:







Back to Main Page
Link to Top 100 Books Ranking (by genre) as rated by Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment